The first of a regular monthly peace procession, calling for an end to war and occupation, will take place on Sunday 5 October 2008 in London.
The peace procession will start at Westminster Cathedral, stopping at Parliament Square and Downing Street, finishing at St Martins in the Fields, Trafalgar Square. The time of the procession will be announced shortly. Everyone is welcome to come and take part in the procession – it is for all faiths and none, for everyone who cares about humanity and peace and wishes to demand an end to the destruction and suffering caused by our own country’s actions.
- 1.30 meet outside Westminster Cathedral on piazza. Join in prayers for peace, forgiveness and reconciliation.
- Depart 2pm
- Proceed to Westminster Abbey, and Methodist Central Hall, then on to Parliament Square
- Group photo of ‘petition’ written on a roll of wallpaper, with signatures from all over the world.
- 3pm – 3.30pm Present ‘ We Demand a Peace Plan ‘ petition to Downing Street. This petition is to highlight the point that there is no peace plan for the Middle East because one does not exist.
- We then continue on to Trafalgar Square and gather at the Edith Cavell statue, near St Martins-in Field for a vigil.
We hope you will be able to come along….
Next procession….Sunday 2nd November 2008.